Thursday, November 3, 2016

Where have all the Brain Cells Gone

With less than one week left until election day, I am wondering where have all the brain cells gone and how can we get them back . This came to mind when I was watching CBS news and a group of young people were being interviewed by a reporter who wanted their opinion of the election and candidates Clinton and Trump.
They had a variety of opinions, some I agreed with and some I did not . That was okay but what I did not agree with was the unfocused  viciousness of these people who did not seem as if any of them had known hard times or much resistance from anyone. One called Hilliary Clinton a liar another called Donald Trump a fake and President Obama a failure who had done nothing for the country.
I do not mind people with strong opinions but I do mind people who express baseless mindless opinions base solely on campaign rhetoric and very few facts. For some reasons, you may not like President Obama as a person you may even disagree with his politics, but when you say he has done nothing for the country, has a failing economy and is a liar . That is not a fact but double talk straight of the Donald Trump playbook. When you attack his race and are not even smart enough to know that you have done is more insulting than it is informing . The Google generation who can look up the fact on Google seems to be lacking them all of the time.
I hope this is not a good example of the younger twenty something generation who puts a buffon like Donald Trump on a pedestal and calls on of the most intelligent presidents this country has ever had a failure there is something seriously wrong with our education system and how children are parented. I have seen it in my teaching as well as everyday life . From the time these young people were small children, they have been told that they have the right to their opinion and they can blurt out any stupid unsupported statement and no one is supposed to question them .
If you don't like Hilliary Clinton and what she stands for fine, tell me why you feel this way. If you do not like the affordable care act fine, but support it with real thinking and idea design not just I don't like it . What I saw on that television screen was what I used to see in my classroom from some of my students. Any attempt at accomplishment no matter how lame was acceptable and I was supposed to love it without any criticism. not only is that crazy but it goes against every that that I was against my entire teaching career. Looking up a fact on Google then regurgitating it to a TV reporter is not intelligence it is just a low brow, low intellect scrapbook.
I don't care who these people vote for, but if they are going to be the leaders of our nation 20 years from freeze me and thaw me when it's over.


No comments: